Saturday, March 8, 2008

Courage

So I finally start this blog. I've been a coward for so long - letting my fear wrap around me, envelope me in a warm, secure, vacuum-filled space. Funny thing about fear - it will suck the life right out of you if you let it linger long enough. But it's so hard to let go of...

Fear says, "I'm here, I'll keep you safe - you can't get hurt as long as you hang on to me."

Courage says, "Let go. Discover the unknown. You don't know what you're missing."

Fear says, "You don't need to know. Keep things the same, and you're always prepared. You'll never be caught off guard. You won't be judged. You won't FAIL. Not in your job, not in your relationships, not in life."

Courage says, "Let go. Follow me. I don't know where, but we'll find out together. I promise, it will be okay."

And back it forth it has gone, for over 30 years. Almost always, Fear won. But not anymore. Because guess what I found out - let Fear win, and you can still fail. In your job, in your relationships... So this post is the start of something new for me: Courage. Let's see where it goes.

No comments: